If you live in the area you probably already know the Austin Metro area is booming. The economy is strong and home values are increasing. Some of the best values with even more future upside are in the outer areas that have the room to expand physically. Leander is one of those areas. The Austin Metro is blessed with several outstanding school districts and schools which are working to accommodate this growth and Leander Independent School District is one of those that is working hard to accommodate the growth and provide quality education. Here are some interesting facts from a recent presentation by Matt Smith, Deputy Superintendent of LISD.
• Their school buses travel a total of more than 14,000 miles per day
• They serve 15,000 lunches per day
• They add approximately 1,000 more students per year
• Current plans are to add 10 schools over the next 10 years (7 elementary, 2 middle, 1 high)
• They are the 14th fastest growing school district in Texas